Dakota Zoo Field Trip
Thank you for your interest in visiting the Dakota Zoo with your group! We look forward to welcoming your class to the Zoo for an exciting and educational visit.
Education Field Trip Admission rates: $4.00 per person. All groups must submit completed field trip form (see below) AT LEAST 2 weeks in advance. If we do not receive your completed field trip form two weeks in advance, regular admission rates will apply.
- Train tickets: additional $5.00 per person. Train is subject to limited staff availablilty - most of our drivers are still attending school. If you're visiting on a school day, they won't be here.
- If you are not submitting membership information with your request form, memberships information must be e-mailed to email@example.com at least one week in advance of your visit.
- Please include name of school and date of visit in your email.
- Pleasse send: Parents first and last name, membership card number and expiration date.
- Family Plus memberships DO NOT allow in 5 extra guests for school field trips. They allow only the child or children of the parties named on the card.
- YOUR TRIP WILL BE OFFICIALLY SCHEDULED WHEN YOU RECEIVE OUR CONFIRMATION EMAIL.
BEFORE THE TRIP:
Fill out the Field Trip Form and submit it at least 2 weeks prior to the field trip day.
The Dakota Zoo does NOT allow any plastic baggies for the safety of the animals. Please pack your lunches and snacks accordingly.
The Dakota Zoo prohibits any type of outside food for the animals..
ARRIVING AT THE ZOO:
- Teachers -- Please come to admissions window to check in/pay before lining your group up in the hallway.
- Please collect funds from your class in advance and pay for the entire group so we do not have to slow down the line with individual transactions.
- Acceptable forms of payment: cash, credit card, business/School District checks for exact amount ONLY! No refunds will be made for checks made out for more than entry total.
MINDING YOUR ZOO MANNERS:
Teachers and chaperones MUST stay with students at all times.
Please make sure it is clear to all students, chaperones and teachers when the bus is leaving.
Please do not feed outside food and/or throw anything at the animals.
It is a requirement that all students who enter the Antler Trading Post Gift Shop be under adult supervision. There is a limit of 15 students inside the Antler Trading Post Gift Shop at one time.
Please do not climb on the trees, play in the flowerbeds, or pick the flowers.
Any raptor feathers are property of the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service. It is illegal to have possession without a permit.
Any harassing or mistreating of animals will not be tolerated and you will be asked to leave.
The Zoo has fences for your safety and protection; please stay on walkways to view the animals.
Please keep personal property items from being dropped into animal exhibits as this can be hazardous and cause severe harm to the residents.
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS:
If you have any questions or concerns before the field trip please contact the Dakota Zoo at 701-223-7543 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.